What this Policy covers
It applies to all current and former employees, sub-contractors and suppliers.
Data Controller Identity
Personal data we process
We will collect and store the following categories of personal information about you:
- Name, title, address, telephone numbers, personal email address, date of birth, gender, marital status and dependants
- Next of kin and emergency contact information
- National Insurance number
- Unique Tax Reference number
- HM Revenue and Customs verification number
- Bank account details, payroll records and tax information
- Start date, salary, annual leave, sickness records, health records, pension information and benefit information
- Copy of driving licence
- Recruitment information, references, CV, right to work documentation
- Employment records, terms and conditions of employment, work history, working hours, performance information, training records and records of any disciplinary and grievance proceedings
- Information about criminal convictions and offences
Sources of and Processing of your data
We collect information provided by you and through various means such as the recruitment process and third parties where you have provided us with referees to obtain references.
We will use your personal information where:
- We need to perform a contract we have entered into with you
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
- Making a decision about recruiting or appointment
- Determining the terms on which you work for us
- Checking you are legally entitled to work in the UK
- Administering the contract we have entered into with you
- Conducting performance reviews
- Making decisions about salary and benefit reviews
- Gathering evidence for possible grievance or disciplinary hearings
- Dealing with possible legal disputes
- Ascertaining your fitness for work
- Managing sickness absence
- Compliance with health and safety regulations
Who has access to your personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties where required to by law such as HM Revenue and Customs. Recipients of your data may include third party service providers such as pension and payroll providers.
Security of your personal information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being lost, unauthorised use or access, altered or disclosed. We also limit access to your personal information to those who have a business need to know.We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data breach where we are legally obliged to do so.
How long will we retain your personal information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected for, including satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
You have the right to – we may make a charge for this:
- Request access to and a copy of your personal information we hold
- Request correction of your personal information we hold
- Request deletion of your personal information we hold
By post: admin, Connections Courier Services (1986) Ltd c/o Unit 8 Penton Hook Marina, Staines Road, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 8PY
If you believe Connections Courier Services (1986) Ltd has not complied with your rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.